|Client:||Sung Moo Kim CHB|
|Challenge:||To streamline and speed up the process of submitting large volume eCommerce Section 321 shipments with a complete solution that provides data validations and real-time visibility|
ABI Type 86 enables the transmission of electronic release and gives real-time visibility of cargo release & hold messages.
ACE Air enables the transmission of pre-arrival HAWB data to CBP
|Benefits:||The required data can be mass uploaded with immediate confirmation for shipments entering the USA. The solution is designed to reduce potential errors, process high-volume shipments, and to reduce transmission cost.|
Sung Moo Kim CHB offers customs brokerage and CFS services. The company is mainly focused on eCommerce Section 321 shipments going to US consumers.
Sung Moo Kim CHB helps to facilitate trade between Asia and North America, especially between the United States and China.
Sung Moo Kim CHB is headquartered in Torrance, California, and is steadily expanding business in the D2C or B2C marketplace. Sung Moo Kim CHB can be reached via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (424)344-2098.
Previously, Sung Moo Kim CHB used another software vendor before using Customs City. “We wanted to lower our costs and streamline the process to grow the business,” said Mr. Kim, President at Sung Moo Kim CHB. Our previous software vendor submission process of ACE Air and Type 86 was time-consuming as the process included some manual tasks. “We had to manually check all the HTS codes, find the invalid ones and then manually replace them, which was not efficient for our team,” said Mr. Kim. Our team had to wake up very early or stay up late due to some system limitations around the timing of sending HAWB data to CBP.
Sung Moo Kim CHB needed a solution that is robust, reliable, cost-effective, quick to process high volume shipments, and easy to use.
To help streamline the process, Customs City offered an all-in-one solution comprising both Type 86 and ACE Air, which enables Sung Moo Kim CHB to easily upload & submit more than 50K shipments at once using one file and validate the data including the HTS codes before submitting them to Customs. All required information is also accessible 24/7 via the web using the visual dashboard, enabling them to closely monitor every aspect of the customs process.
“Customs City’s system has many great tools & features; “Review HTS Codes” is our favorite as it allows us to quickly validate the HTS codes and mass replace the invalid ones,” said Mr. Kim. “Review HTS Codes” and other features such as the ability to instantly flag errors across rows of data, and the ability to upload a high volume of shipments quickly is a massive time saver for Sung Moo Kim CHB.
“Using Customs City improved our efficiency, significantly lowered the costs and streamlined the customs compliance process for our team.”
- Cost-effectiveness: With Customs City’s pricing plan, Sung Moo Kim CHB was able to reduce their costs by more than 30% and it allows them to grow their business in the eCommerce space further.
- Full Visibility: Sung Moo Kim CHB can access the system and their records at any location and at any time using just the Internet. This allows Sung Moo Kim CHB to operate 24 x 7 globally, which helps them to cater to partners in overseas locations
- Increased Efficiency and Accuracy: ACE Air and Type 86 data can be uploaded & submitted easily using one Excel or CSV file. All data can be validated and replaced quickly using Customs City’s data validation tools.
- Short & smooth onboarding process: The implementation was completed within days as Customs City provided full training and support during onboarding, training, and testing.
- No additional infrastructure or setup costs: The system is hosted and maintained by Customs City. There are no extra networks, setup, and infrastructure costs.
- High-Volume upload & submission: The system is capable of uploading and processing high-volume shipments and there are no limitations, which allows Sung Moo Kim CHB to grow their eCommerce business volume in the future.